Monday, June 21, 2010

Baby Steps

Have you ever gone through one of those phases when getting dressed in the morning looms before you as a chore which requires more energy than you can possibly sum up? Well, I'm there! Between regular stress, work stress and travel stress, I'm feeling pretty tapped out these days. So if you've been there, and I'm pretty sure you have, how do you get out of it? Where do you find those reserves of energy that get you back on track? For me, it's all about celebrating the baby steps. This month I have:
Finished a green Market Bag for my mom,


Started, and finished, a blue Market Bag for my sister, who is learning how to scuba dive and will need a stylish bag for her gear,

Went to my cousins wedding in Pasadena where I watched them celebrate the most important moment in their lives together, saw aunts, uncles and cousins that I haven't seen in years, watched my parents dance like no one was watching,


And fell in love with my five-and-three-quarters-years-old cousin, Pearl, who is going to be a wock star when she gwows up and wite her own songs!


Also (not pictured) I fired up my $50 yard-sale steal of a heavy duty weedwhacker and whacked about 1/2 an acre of 6 foot high weeds (before collapsing on the porch with a cocktail), started my first lace-patterned wrap and achieved the halfway point, and only had to undo the first four rows once, did about 18 loads of laundry, and got hugs from lots of people that I needed hugs from.

Baby steps.



1 comment:

  1. hey there.. glad to see you back on the blog:) hope you're starting to feel a bit better ... and yes, i always find it's the small things in life that get you through... I'd love to see the weedwhacking/6 ft weeds/cocktail on the porch:) Currently working full time but dreaming of the 'back to nature lifestyle' you're embarking on... pip

    ReplyDelete