Saturday, April 10, 2010



Motivation...


So I went over to my sisters ranch yesterday, on another one of those teasing days Mother Nature has bestowed upon us this spring. The sun was shining, and I sat on a bench and enjoyed the views while my dogs ran laps around the goat pasture and looked for a way in.

(Action shot of Cooper getting his daily exercise!)

Don't worry about the goats...they know the dogs are no match for their horns! Anyway, as I sat there I pondered on what I should do today if it was another sunny one. Should I try to work on more fencing prep-work? Or carve another couple of stairs into the path down to the barn? Perhaps fertilize the lilacs and mock orange bushes, and all the potted plants in the front yard?


(A few of the goats making their way to the fence, hoping I brought treats!)

As it turns out, today was another cold and windy one. I took the dogs for a short walk, getting buffeted by winds all the way, and am now, once again, ensconced in the house wondering where the day went and how I am going to get anything done at this rate!

I am not feeling too motivated, to tell you the truth. When I think of all the work to be done outside, I am just overwhelmed. Sometimes I wonder if I bit off more than I could chew!

But here's one thing that gets me motivated:


My new haul of Namaste seconds! I have been slavering over that Turquoise Needle Binder for about 5 years, and I finally got a chance to get one at a greatly reduced rate through their seconds clearance sale on Ravelry! The colors make me drool, and want to go finish something, so...I think I will!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Suzie,
    Mmmmmm - a fellow bag addict :-) I love, love, love the turquoise one. Drool.

    Thank you for your comment on the Kitty afghans. I just posted the pattern on my blog. My husband thinks I'm nuts: stitch, stitch, photo, stitch, stitch, stitch, photo. Oh, the things we do for bloggerdom, eh?!

    ReplyDelete