Friday, April 2, 2010

Sigh

Last month at work we all had to take a short test to determine our personality type. I am (my mother was surprised to learn!) an introvert. This does not mean that I can't talk to people; it means that after I talk to people, I have to climb back into my cave and be alone to regroup! So every week at work, I sit at my desk and look forward to the weekend. Even though I won't be able to cave-dwell for all three days of my weekend, I usually set aside at least part of one day for said activity.

This weekend I have the perfect excuse! There's a huge rainstorm (snow at 3000 feet) moving across the valley, dumping rain in biblical proportions and making the thought of working outside rather unappealing. So here I am inside, with a nice fire in the woodstove, good show on the telly, dogs that have finally stopped bringing squeaky toys for me to throw and fallen asleep at my feet, and three cats sleeping on my desk! In a moment, the water for my Chai Latte will boil and I will go sit down and work on another Tiramisu blanket (in organic pink cotton, super soft, with a brown border) and enjoy being in my cave.

Sigh :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment