Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm not kidding...




This is my Quince again, sitting outside my front door making me happy last Saturday. That darker area at the top left is actually a rose bush that is using the quince as a support...this summer it will have millions of hot pink blooms that will end up in my house! I also love the sweet little purple Vinca peeking out at the bottom...it doesn't really stand a chance against the quince, but it's trying!



The sun was shining, the sky was beautiful and clear, and I wore a tank top while I worked in the yard and the kids ran around in their outside playpen. My neighbors could be heard mowing lawns and working in their gardens (and yes, they do have a license to grow that stuff!)



I went up to work on clearing tree limbs and poison oak from a fenceline that needs to be repaired soon (ain't I a stud?) and saw lots of sweet, brave little wildflowers peeking through the oak leaves on the hill. Wasn't even worried about the job until I saw the size of the ginormous tree branches that needed to be cleared away, decided that discretion was the better part of valor and I will be hiring some young punks next weekend to finish it up (so no, guess I'm not a stud). At any rate, got a lot done, worked hard outside all day and enjoyed a nice, cool cocktail on the porch at the end of the day, as a reward for my labors.

Woke up this morning and saw this:



Yes, Virginia, that really IS snow dumping down at my house! On March 29th! Two days before April! WTH? That whole 'comes in like a lion, goes out like a lamb' thing is hooey!

At least the birds didn't seem to mind so much! They just kept munching away like it wasn't 30 degrees outside...



But me, hey, my middle name is Pollyanna - well, if I had a middle name that would be it (or maybe it would be Mike). Do you know what this means? It means I now have an excuse to stay inside all weekend and KNIT!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm, what to do first?

The Oriental Lily sweater, modified from the original to fit a two year old, have long bell sleeves and be long enough to wear over leggings in winter?
or...
The cute little summer top??? So many choices, so much yarn, so little time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment